Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Paxil (paroxetine)

Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM
I have suffered from generalized anxiety disorder
(also called ‘free floating anxiety
) for all of my adult life. Not until I was 40 years old did I find help through medication. Paxil, or, paroxetine, which is the generic name, is an SSRI ( selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor) which works on the chemical imbalance that causes or exacerbates anxiety and the depression which can accompany it. I cannot tell you the success I have had with this medication! Before, I made decisions based on my anxious responses and fearfulness. I avoided lots of activities for fear of making mistakes, saying something that others may construe as stupid and just plain “nervousness”. I felt it was just safer to be at home, where I felt I could keep everything ‘in order’ and under control. I used this coping mechanism, known as ‘avoidance behavior’ as an attempt to control my anxiety attacks
. I was frequently having them, cried every day, would awaken at night feeling overwhelming dread, fear and just totally anxious…I would relive my days activities to reassure myself that I had not made some kind of mistake or neglected to do something I felt I should have done. It was an exhausting, sad and horrifying way to live. The Paxil worked for my quickly and with no side effects! I remember the first time I took it, a few hours later I had this remarkable ‘normal’ feeling…I was no longer consumed with worry! It was thrilling! All the worries I had about ‘getting my personality from a bottle’ were totally unfounded! I had no side effects, only blessed relief from the stress and unbelievable strain of living with anxiety. Many people give up on finding help for anxiety, I urge you not to be one of them. There are so many new, wonderful medications on the market. If one doesn’t work, or has untolerable side effects, take heart, don’t give up and try another. Paxil has worked wonders for me, given me my life back and allowed me to enjoy many things I was missing out on because of anxiety.

1 Responses to Paxil (paroxetine)

  1. Paxil, nice blog!

Post a Comment