Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Clonazepam (Klonopin) for the Treatment of Anxiety

Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 10:21 AM
I have been prescribed Clonazepam, or the Generic form of the brand-name medicine “Klonopin,” off and on for some years now. I’ve found, as far as benzodiazepines (or “benzos,” for short) go, it is the most effective, by far, of the ones I’ve tried for my anxiety. In fact, it’s probably the most effective substance, period, for relief of my anxiety symptoms that I’ve encountered. It trumps alcohol, Prozac, and other benzos in strength and efficacy. I do, however, definitely begin to notice a tolerance build-up fairly quickly.

The other benzo I’ve tried extensively is Lorazepam, or the Generic form of “Ativan.” Comparatively, Clonazepam has had a much more quick and severe effect at reduction of my anxiety, whereas Lorazepam works in a much more background, subtle manner. I find that, within 25 minutes of taking .5 mg of Clonazepam, I will feel a significant effect, with some sense of drowsiness, or even elation, whereas with the same dosage of Lorazepam, I only feel a slight de-escalation of my anxiety, with no elation and a sort of drugged feeling that I don’t often get when taking Clonazepam.

Clonazepam does, as I have mentioned, begin to build up a tolerance in your system fairly quickly, however. This effect, on a daily .5 mg dosage, begins to be noticeable within about a week. This is something one has to watch out for, however, with all of these medications, and the trick is to not fall into the “trap” of having to increase your dose. Therefore, I tend to take Clonazepam “PRN,” or as needed, and I will often only take half or even a quarter of a pill. I tend to only take a full pill if I’m feeling particularly anxious, or anticipate that a certain daily situation is going to be make me feel very anxious.

Overall, I recommend Clonazepam, but with caution - it is a potnetially addictive drug, again. However, it pretty much works when all other medications fail to make a dent in an anxiety reaction.

2 comments

  1. Amjad Ali Says:

    Clonazepam (Klonopin) for the Treatment of AnxietyDear
    u have k good
    blog according to medicines point of view.
    its so interesting for doters and patients

  2. Nice Job! Nice blog on medicine

Post a Comment